Executives from the concrete and lumber supply sectors were in the hot seat recently as the Canadian Construction Association (CCA) held a webinar to address construction supply chain disruptions in the past year.
• IHSA Safety Talk: Musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs)—Risk factors
• IHSA 2020 Annual General Meeting goes virtual
• New eLearning course available: Preventing Falls in Trucking
• Reminder: IHSA COVID-19 safety resources available online
• Product spotlight: IHSA safety sticker redesign
• Health and Safety Advisory: Fatigue and Other Effects from Face Mask Use
In addition to the report on fatalities and critical injuries in the construction industry, the Ministry of Health has implemented mandatory active screening for all workplaces prior to entry to the workplace each day. Information on page 2, 2nd paragraph.
Learn about the panel that engages with industry stakeholders to help modernize the apprenticeship and skilled trades system and share your feedback.
• Panel Struck to Recommend New Skilled Trades System
• Financial Accountability Office Identifies Structural Deficit
• Red Tape Reduction Bills Introduced
• Premier Re-Announces Investment in Schools
• Cory’s Appointment Completes Leadership Changes at Infrastructure Bank
• Poll Finds Support for Tories Despite Decline Remains Strong
• Former Premier Wynne Will Not Seek Re-election
• Mould Discovered AGAIN at Milton Court House – All In-Person Proceedings Cancelled
• Attempt to Start “New Blue Party” Underway
The Daily Commercial News asked Ontario construction stakeholders to ruminate on the future of skilled trades recruitment and regulation. Read the interview with Ian Cunningham, president of the Council of Ontario Construction Associations.
Learn about how to select, care for and use masks to protect workers from COVID-19.
This guide is for employers. Whether you are currently operating or planning for your workers to return to work, the guide will help you develop a plan to work safely. It will help prepare you to put controls into place to make the workplace safer for everyone.
Appointees will be advising Monte McNaughton, Minister of Labour, Training and Skills Development, on ways to modernize and improve the skilled trades and apprenticeship system.
The Government of Canada is offering the CRSB to provide income support to employed and self-employed individuals who are unable to work because they're sick or need to self-isolate due to COVID-19
$75 Million Investment and Expert Advice will Improve Training, while making it Safer and More Affordable
Fatality & Critical Injury Year-to-Date Overview – Construction
CCA members – 70 per cent of which are small and medium-sized, family-run businesses – have been asking for a clear, balanced, fair and flexible infrastructure stimulus plan as Canadians focus on pandemic recovery.
Farmers can take steps to reduce liabilities when hiring companies to complete building projects
• Ontario in Second Wave of Pandemic
• All Ontario Employers Now Required to Pro-Actively Screen Employees
• Pre-Budget Consultations Underway
• 2019-2020 Public Accounts Reveal $8.7B Deficit
• First Three Pillars in Government’s Six Pillar Plan