COCA’s 2021 Year in Review takes a look back at 2021, and at our accomplishments.
Skilled Trades Ontario replaces OCOT with aim to address labour shortage.
The Ontario government has officially launched Skilled Trades Ontario (STO), revealing leadership information and other trades registration and operational details.
Skilled Trades Ontario will address labour shortage by improving training and simplifying services
The Ontario Skilled Trades Alliance (OSTA) has urged the federal government to amend its current immigration policies to strengthen the province’s current construction workforce.
Briefing note from Sherrard Kuzz LLP, Employment & Labour Lawyers
Courts and Arbitrators Weigh in on Vaccination Policies in the Workplace and more ....
As of January 1, 2022, the Ontario College of Trades (OCOT) completed its almost four-year wind-down process. This has marked the official launch of the new crown agency Skilled Trades Ontario (STO) and significant changes to the trades’ registration system in the province.
This webinar will describe the wood preservatives used in Canada and how they are regulated and standardized. End-use applications, specification, and performance will also be discussed. Register for this complimentary webinar.
- IHSA Safety Talk: Heaters
- Latest podcast episode features interview with new Chief Prevention Officer Dr. Joel Moody
- Yard safety web page provides insight on transportation hazards
- IHSA.ca Magazine now available
- Training spotlight: Boatswain's Chair
Reaction has been swift and stakeholders have swung into action after concerns were raised
Introduction of newly titled 'Pressure Treated Structural Barn Posts - A Specifiers Guide'
The CFBA has become aware of a potential issue related to in-ground pressure-treated barn posts, and the Executive and Board of Directors have been working on this concern, on our members behalf. A CFBA Committee has been established to review and respond to this matter. Please see the committee’s overview of the situation and its mandate outlined in the following report
• IHSA Safety Talk: Stretching exercises
• Save the date: IHSA Virtual Annual General Meeting
• New toolkit available to support combating substance abuse in the workplace
• IHSA Annual Report now available
• Product spotlight: Supervisor Log Book