Testing 1-2-3: Another Arbitrator Upholds Mandatory COVID-19 Rapid Testing in the Workplace
The Government of Canada, some provincial/territorial governments and distribution partners are providing free rapid COVID-19 tests to organizations. These tests are to be used for regular workplace screening of employees. Businesses and not-for-profit organizations are eligible to apply.
- IHSA Safety Talk: Mobile devices while driving
- IHSA training spotlight: Scaffold Users' Hazard Awareness eLearning
- Province releases new regulatory proposals
- Five hundred active firms now COR™ certified
- New episodes of IHSA Safety Podcast now available
- Province releases five-year strategy for Ontario’s Occupational Health and Safety System
New Ontario Regulation Streamlines Reporting and Notice Requirements Under Occupational Health and Safety Act.
From: Ministry of Labour, Training, and Skills Development
Workplace Screening Modified to Reflect Impact of Vaccination
Learn more about eligibility requirements and how to apply on the WSIB website: click here. The application period closes July 23, 2021.
• IHSA Safety Talk: Heat stress
• IHSA training spotlight: JHSC Certification - Part 1 (Virtual Training)
• WSIB Small Business Health and Safety Leadership Awards applications now available
• IHSA.ca Magazine Volume 21, Issue 1 now available
Sherrard Kuzz LLP addresses key components of Ontario’s paid Infectious Disease Emergency Leave (IDEL).
1,500 safety visits throughout May to help maintain decline of COVID-19 cases
Standing Together Against Racism
The Ontario government today announced a new Crown agency to be known as Skilled Trades Ontario to replace the Ontario College of Trades (OCOT).
• IHSA Safety Talk: Racial discrimination in the workplace
• COVID-19: Eye Protection required when working within two metres
• Falls Awareness Week 2021
• Driver fatigue resources available
Proposed legislation will help apprentices prepare for in-demand jobs and complete their training faster