• Panel Struck to Recommend New Skilled Trades System
• Financial Accountability Office Identifies Structural Deficit
• Red Tape Reduction Bills Introduced
• Premier Re-Announces Investment in Schools
• Cory’s Appointment Completes Leadership Changes at Infrastructure Bank
• Poll Finds Support for Tories Despite Decline Remains Strong
• Former Premier Wynne Will Not Seek Re-election
• Mould Discovered AGAIN at Milton Court House – All In-Person Proceedings Cancelled
• Attempt to Start “New Blue Party” Underway
Learn about how to select, care for and use masks to protect workers from COVID-19.
This guide is for employers. Whether you are currently operating or planning for your workers to return to work, the guide will help you develop a plan to work safely. It will help prepare you to put controls into place to make the workplace safer for everyone.
Appointees will be advising Monte McNaughton, Minister of Labour, Training and Skills Development, on ways to modernize and improve the skilled trades and apprenticeship system.
The Government of Canada is offering the CRSB to provide income support to employed and self-employed individuals who are unable to work because they're sick or need to self-isolate due to COVID-19
Fatality & Critical Injury Year-to-Date Overview – Construction
$75 Million Investment and Expert Advice will Improve Training, while making it Safer and More Affordable
CCA members – 70 per cent of which are small and medium-sized, family-run businesses – have been asking for a clear, balanced, fair and flexible infrastructure stimulus plan as Canadians focus on pandemic recovery.
Briefing note from Sherrard Kuzz LLP outlining requirement (effective September 26, 2020) for each Ontario workplace to pro-actively screen employees for COVID-19-related symptoms and risk factors prior to entry into the work environment, each day the employee seeks to enter the work environment. Links to the Ministry of Health information related to this update (Ontario Regulation 364/20).
New Inspectors will help Keep Workers Safe on the Job during COVID-19
• Ontario in Second Wave of Pandemic
• All Ontario Employers Now Required to Pro-Actively Screen Employees
• Pre-Budget Consultations Underway
• 2019-2020 Public Accounts Reveal $8.7B Deficit
• First Three Pillars in Government’s Six Pillar Plan
A shortage of skilled trades workers has long been a drag on the Canadian economy, but at least one trade school is doing everything in its power to ensure students are able to continue to learn and prepare to enter the workforce despite challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic.
IHSA Safety Talk: Working at heights—Site-specific training
IHSA supports Falls Awareness week September 14-18
Virtual Annual General Meeting set for October 7
IHSA is launching Road Safety Solutions campaign to prevent motor vehicle incidents in the trucking sector
Checking the safety record of a business
Applications for the WSIB 2020 Small Business Health and Safety Leadership Awards now open
Farmers can take steps to reduce liabilities when hiring companies to complete building projects