Statement from Prevention Council and Ontario’s Chief Prevention Officer
Fatality & Critical Injury Year-to-Date Overview – Construction
If businesses are having trouble developing a safety plan, register for the on-demand IHSA webinar
• Clarification of Health and Safety Requirements
• WSIB Operational Review
• COCA Provides Advice to the Government’s Skilled Trades Panel
• Youth Apprenticeship Task Force Hard at Work
• No Solution Yet for Unnecessarily High Maximum Insurable Earnings Ceiling for 2020
• Ontario Dispute Adjudication for Construction Contracts Update
• WSIB Small Business Health and Safety Leadership Awards
• Latest Stats on the WSIB’s Health and Safety Excellence Program
• WSIB COVID 19 Claims
IHSA Safety Talk: Extension ladders
Health and Safety Advisory: Carbon Monoxide (CO) Measurement and Controls (W123)
IHSA offers three free webinars on health and safety best practices during COVID-19
Product spotlight: Canada Labour Code (CLC) Training Requirements Chart
New manual available: Carbon Monoxide from Fuel-Powered Equipment (M076)
The Calgary team shares their experience
Executives from the concrete and lumber supply sectors were in the hot seat recently as the Canadian Construction Association (CCA) held a webinar to address construction supply chain disruptions in the past year.
The Daily Commercial News asked Ontario construction stakeholders to ruminate on the future of skilled trades recruitment and regulation. Read the interview with Ian Cunningham, president of the Council of Ontario Construction Associations.
• IHSA Safety Talk: Musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs)—Risk factors
• IHSA 2020 Annual General Meeting goes virtual
• New eLearning course available: Preventing Falls in Trucking
• Reminder: IHSA COVID-19 safety resources available online
• Product spotlight: IHSA safety sticker redesign
• Health and Safety Advisory: Fatigue and Other Effects from Face Mask Use
In addition to the report on fatalities and critical injuries in the construction industry, the Ministry of Health has implemented mandatory active screening for all workplaces prior to entry to the workplace each day. Information on page 2, 2nd paragraph.
Learn about the panel that engages with industry stakeholders to help modernize the apprenticeship and skilled trades system and share your feedback.
• Panel Struck to Recommend New Skilled Trades System
• Financial Accountability Office Identifies Structural Deficit
• Red Tape Reduction Bills Introduced
• Premier Re-Announces Investment in Schools
• Cory’s Appointment Completes Leadership Changes at Infrastructure Bank
• Poll Finds Support for Tories Despite Decline Remains Strong
• Former Premier Wynne Will Not Seek Re-election
• Mould Discovered AGAIN at Milton Court House – All In-Person Proceedings Cancelled
• Attempt to Start “New Blue Party” Underway
This guide is for employers. Whether you are currently operating or planning for your workers to return to work, the guide will help you develop a plan to work safely. It will help prepare you to put controls into place to make the workplace safer for everyone.
Learn about how to select, care for and use masks to protect workers from COVID-19.