HOW 4D MODELING AND SENSING MAY ELIMINATE THE LEADING CAUSES OF INJURY
In accordance with the Ministry of Labour's 'Working At Heights' training standard, workers who had been trained in fall protection under the old requirements had until April 1, 2017 to be re-trained on the new standard by an approved training provider.
Industry ‘extremely disappointed’
Results of Falls Blitz, Ministry of Labour Prosecutions,
Everyday up to 10,000 trucks use the Ambassador Bridge to cross the Detroit River between Windsor and Detroit.
Members Only Edition:
• "There’s A New Sheriff In Town"
• "Battle of the SoCons in Niagara West"
• "Forum Poll Shows Tories and Grits in Dead Heat in TO"
• "FFPA Fined $87,000 for Workplace Violence and Harassment Violations"
• "Recent Appointments"
Call for proposals: Occupational Health, Safety and Prevention Innovation Program, Working at heights training deadline approaching, Workplace tragedy: Employer communication and crisis response
Construction workers work long hours in some pretty rough exterior conditions a lot of the time and there’s no doubt that fatigue is a major factor in job site accidents.
Truss plate corrosion can be an issue in barns - but it doesn’t have to be. The life span of truss plates, hangers, screws and nails in the truss system depends on the materials used, barn design and maintenance. The CFBA partnered with MiTek Canada to deliver the following information to CFBA Members.
What is today called ‘Design-Build’ in fact goes back centuries. Back then, the term was ‘Master Builder,’ the combination of engineer, architect and contractor. The Master Builder offered a truly integrated service to his client.
Employers in the construction sector continue to have difficulty with staffing and retention, indicate the findings of a recent Hays Canada report.
CFBA Member - Farm & Food Care Ontario and Hamilton-based Harvest Robotics are working together to develop a heat sensing tool farmers can install in their barns to help prevent barn fires.
Leland Industries has added 50,000 square feet to its manufacturing plant and warehouse to meet growing demands for quality metal and post-frame building fasteners.
Over 52,000 farms and 78,000 farmers have a united message for the Provincial Government: freeze urban boundaries now and stop urban sprawl to protect farmland in the Greater Golden Horseshoe (GGH).
Members Only Edition:
• Ontario CLA (Construction Lien Act) Reform and Prompt Payment Update
• Bill 84 Proposes to Amend WSIA (Workplace Safety & Insurance Act)
• Health and Safety System Transformation
• (Ontario College of Trades) OCoT Convenes Stakeholder Roundtable
• Status of Federal Prompt Payment Legislation
• Building a Relationship With Your MPP
• Feds Considering Tax on Health & Dental Benefits
Main causes of barn fires. What can you do? New technologies. Resources.