In light of yesterday’s announcement from Premier Ford on behalf of the Ontario Government regarding the province-wide shutdown, we are providing information regarding essential construction activities. Please see pages 22 + 23.
The Ministry of Labour Training and Skills Development’s Apprenticeship Youth Advisors have developed a survey as part of their consultation process. CFBA Members please contribute your input:
Ontario’s Prevention Council and Chief Prevention Officer Ron Kelusky released the following statement
All constructors, employers, supervisors, and workers are asked to commit to the prevention of injuries, illnesses, and fatalities in light of an alarming number of workplace fatalities.
Statement from Prevention Council and Ontario’s Chief Prevention Officer
• Clarification of Health and Safety Requirements
• WSIB Operational Review
• COCA Provides Advice to the Government’s Skilled Trades Panel
• Youth Apprenticeship Task Force Hard at Work
• No Solution Yet for Unnecessarily High Maximum Insurable Earnings Ceiling for 2020
• Ontario Dispute Adjudication for Construction Contracts Update
• WSIB Small Business Health and Safety Leadership Awards
• Latest Stats on the WSIB’s Health and Safety Excellence Program
• WSIB COVID 19 Claims
IHSA Safety Talk: Extension ladders
Health and Safety Advisory: Carbon Monoxide (CO) Measurement and Controls (W123)
IHSA offers three free webinars on health and safety best practices during COVID-19
Product spotlight: Canada Labour Code (CLC) Training Requirements Chart
New manual available: Carbon Monoxide from Fuel-Powered Equipment (M076)
Fatality & Critical Injury Year-to-Date Overview – Construction
If businesses are having trouble developing a safety plan, register for the on-demand IHSA webinar
The Calgary team shares their experience
Executives from the concrete and lumber supply sectors were in the hot seat recently as the Canadian Construction Association (CCA) held a webinar to address construction supply chain disruptions in the past year.
• IHSA Safety Talk: Musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs)—Risk factors
• IHSA 2020 Annual General Meeting goes virtual
• New eLearning course available: Preventing Falls in Trucking
• Reminder: IHSA COVID-19 safety resources available online
• Product spotlight: IHSA safety sticker redesign
• Health and Safety Advisory: Fatigue and Other Effects from Face Mask Use
In addition to the report on fatalities and critical injuries in the construction industry, the Ministry of Health has implemented mandatory active screening for all workplaces prior to entry to the workplace each day. Information on page 2, 2nd paragraph.