October 18th – 22nd marks 2021's Small Business Week. Ontario’s Prevention Council released the following statement in support of the day, and to promote a complimentary webinar offered by the Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development to discuss some of the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic and showcase select tools and resources offered by Ontario’s occupational health and safety system to make occupational health and safety (OHS) easier for small businesses. Click on the imbedded Eventbrite link to view webinar details.
View the renovation project located at Greenwald Colony, in Brokenhead, Manitoba.
A candid interview with Daily Commercial News staff writer Angela Gismondi, Rob Trymbulak, an ironworker and a supervisor on the Gordie Howe Bridge project in Windsor, Ont., shares his journey from addiction to recovery.
The Government of Canada, some provincial/territorial governments and distribution partners are providing free rapid COVID-19 tests to organizations. These tests are to be used for regular workplace screening of employees. Businesses and not-for-profit organizations are eligible to apply.
Testing 1-2-3: Another Arbitrator Upholds Mandatory COVID-19 Rapid Testing in the Workplace
- IHSA Safety Talk: Mobile devices while driving
- IHSA training spotlight: Scaffold Users' Hazard Awareness eLearning
- Province releases new regulatory proposals
- Five hundred active firms now COR™ certified
- New episodes of IHSA Safety Podcast now available
- Province releases five-year strategy for Ontario’s Occupational Health and Safety System
New Ontario Regulation Streamlines Reporting and Notice Requirements Under Occupational Health and Safety Act.
From: Ministry of Labour, Training, and Skills Development
Workplace Screening Modified to Reflect Impact of Vaccination
Learn more about eligibility requirements and how to apply on the WSIB website: click here. The application period closes July 23, 2021.
The Council of Ontario Construction Associations stands with its member associations in its commitment to recognize, address and eradicate all forms of racism and inequities.....
• IHSA Safety Talk: Heat stress
• IHSA training spotlight: JHSC Certification - Part 1 (Virtual Training)
• WSIB Small Business Health and Safety Leadership Awards applications now available
• IHSA.ca Magazine Volume 21, Issue 1 now available
1,500 safety visits throughout May to help maintain decline of COVID-19 cases
Standing Together Against Racism
The Ontario government today announced a new Crown agency to be known as Skilled Trades Ontario to replace the Ontario College of Trades (OCOT).
• Government to Introduce Paid Sick Days
• Ministry Reports on Construction Inspections
• COCA Lobbies to Keep Construction Open
• Which Vaccine is Best – Watch Video
• WSIB Day of Mourning Ceremony
• Recent Polling Reveals Ontario’s Political Landscape
• Ontario Legislature – Calendar
• MLTSD’s updated COVID-19 position while working within 2-meters: Eye Protection required
• Inaugural Occupational Health and Safety Day