Results of Falls Blitz, Ministry of Labour Prosecutions,
Everyday up to 10,000 trucks use the Ambassador Bridge to cross the Detroit River between Windsor and Detroit.
Members Only Edition:
• "There’s A New Sheriff In Town"
• "Battle of the SoCons in Niagara West"
• "Forum Poll Shows Tories and Grits in Dead Heat in TO"
• "FFPA Fined $87,000 for Workplace Violence and Harassment Violations"
• "Recent Appointments"
Call for proposals: Occupational Health, Safety and Prevention Innovation Program, Working at heights training deadline approaching, Workplace tragedy: Employer communication and crisis response
IHSA Safety Talk: Nail Gun, MOL clarifies definition of a critical injury, IHSA provides free safety downloads, CSA Health and Safety Code for Suspended Equipment Operations currently under review
Rural Road Safety - A Growing Priority, Dairy Operation Transitions - Family and Technology, Electrical Systems Now More Sophisticated
Construction workers work long hours in some pretty rough exterior conditions a lot of the time and there’s no doubt that fatigue is a major factor in job site accidents.
Truss plate corrosion can be an issue in barns - but it doesn’t have to be. The life span of truss plates, hangers, screws and nails in the truss system depends on the materials used, barn design and maintenance. The CFBA partnered with MiTek Canada to deliver the following information to CFBA Members.
What is today called ‘Design-Build’ in fact goes back centuries. Back then, the term was ‘Master Builder,’ the combination of engineer, architect and contractor. The Master Builder offered a truly integrated service to his client.
Employers in the construction sector continue to have difficulty with staffing and retention, indicate the findings of a recent Hays Canada report.
CFBA Member - Farm & Food Care Ontario and Hamilton-based Harvest Robotics are working together to develop a heat sensing tool farmers can install in their barns to help prevent barn fires.
Leland Industries has added 50,000 square feet to its manufacturing plant and warehouse to meet growing demands for quality metal and post-frame building fasteners.
Over 52,000 farms and 78,000 farmers have a united message for the Provincial Government: freeze urban boundaries now and stop urban sprawl to protect farmland in the Greater Golden Horseshoe (GGH).
Ontario's agri-food sector generates $63 billion in sales to consumers each year, and employs 767,000 people.
Ministry of Labour prosecutions, Blitz results: Mobile cranes and material hoisting.
Faulty electrical systems cause approximately 40 per cent of farm building fires with a determined cause, making it one of the leading known causes of farm fires.
Poultry Production, Planning Crop Rotations, Satellite Imagery, & Maintenance for Hydraulic Systems.
• IHSA Safety Talk: Winter Hazards
• COR™ Internal Auditor Conference: February 28
• New online course supports COR™ efforts
• MOL releases 2016 fatality information
• New radio ads will remind workers about working at heights training deadline
• WSIB campaign targets noise induced hearing loss
Members Only Edition:
• Ontario CLA (Construction Lien Act) Reform and Prompt Payment Update
• Bill 84 Proposes to Amend WSIA (Workplace Safety & Insurance Act)
• Health and Safety System Transformation
• (Ontario College of Trades) OCoT Convenes Stakeholder Roundtable
• Status of Federal Prompt Payment Legislation
• Building a Relationship With Your MPP
• Feds Considering Tax on Health & Dental Benefits