Reaction has been swift and stakeholders have swung into action after concerns were raised
Introduction of newly titled 'Pressure Treated Structural Barn Posts - A Specifiers Guide'
The CFBA has become aware of a potential issue related to in-ground pressure-treated barn posts, and the Executive and Board of Directors have been working on this concern, on our members behalf. A CFBA Committee has been established to review and respond to this matter. Please see the committee’s overview of the situation and its mandate outlined in the following report
• IHSA Safety Talk: Stretching exercises
• Save the date: IHSA Virtual Annual General Meeting
• New toolkit available to support combating substance abuse in the workplace
• IHSA Annual Report now available
• Product spotlight: Supervisor Log Book
A candid interview with Daily Commercial News staff writer Angela Gismondi, Rob Trymbulak, an ironworker and a supervisor on the Gordie Howe Bridge project in Windsor, Ont., shares his journey from addiction to recovery.
View the renovation project located at Greenwald Colony, in Brokenhead, Manitoba.
IHSA Safety Talk: Working around bird and bat droppings
Register for IHSA's Virtual Annual General Meeting
Training spotlight: Propane in Construction
October 18th – 22nd marks 2021's Small Business Week. Ontario’s Prevention Council released the following statement in support of the day, and to promote a complimentary webinar offered by the Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development to discuss some of the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic and showcase select tools and resources offered by Ontario’s occupational health and safety system to make occupational health and safety (OHS) easier for small businesses. Click on the imbedded Eventbrite link to view webinar details.
Testing 1-2-3: Another Arbitrator Upholds Mandatory COVID-19 Rapid Testing in the Workplace
The Government of Canada, some provincial/territorial governments and distribution partners are providing free rapid COVID-19 tests to organizations. These tests are to be used for regular workplace screening of employees. Businesses and not-for-profit organizations are eligible to apply.
- IHSA Safety Talk: Mobile devices while driving
- IHSA training spotlight: Scaffold Users' Hazard Awareness eLearning
- Province releases new regulatory proposals
- Five hundred active firms now COR™ certified
- New episodes of IHSA Safety Podcast now available
- Province releases five-year strategy for Ontario’s Occupational Health and Safety System
Learn more about eligibility requirements and how to apply on the WSIB website: click here. The application period closes July 23, 2021.
Workplace Screening Modified to Reflect Impact of Vaccination
From: Ministry of Labour, Training, and Skills Development